This wiki contains the documentation to reuse GEN's Wordpress website in other environments. It is mostly intended for other GEN Regions, National/Regional Networks and single communities to have an easy way of sharing both the branding / flavor of GEN's website and be able to have a common pool of functionality (plugins).
- Getting access to GEN's Gitlab group on Gitlab.com
- There you can find several repositories.
- Get Genesis Theme. Still to be decided how to handle this point. For now it will be provided by GEN EU (tbd: GEN EU to contact GEN on how to proceed with this).
- Install Wordpress in your server
- Install Genesis Theme
- Install GEN Theme under wp-content/themes/ecovillage (it will act as a Genesis child Theme)
- Optional: Currently investigating if we can provide this as a zip file to be installed directly from Wordpress
- Install GEN Custom Starter Plugin
- In order to install GEN Custom Starter Plugin we can either install it manually or use the plugin WP Pusher
- Next go to customize starter plugin and populate your website with content
- Create a front page
Setup a local working environment (Only for developers)
Optionally a local working environment can be set-up to test changes locally before committing them into the actual website.
- Download and install LAMP, WAMP or MAMP
- Install wordpress and configure your server appropriately
- Install genesis theme and child GEN Theme
- Install GEN Custom Starter plugin
- Use All in one WP Migration to copy from this database to the production website (and back). There is a size cap on this option
- Alternatively copy the website manually
Here you can find a list of used plugins